Since our founding in 1987, Rockville Arts Place has been a creative center providing artistic excellence and accessibility to thousands of people through innovative arts programs including classes, workshops, artists-in-residence programs, family programming, community events, and open studios.
As we enter our 18th year, we are excited about our future and our new art center. Due to the growing demand for our classes and workshops, we are pleased to introduce the following new programs:
- Preschool Picassos
- Glass classes for children and adults
- Workshops for children and adults
- Youth and Teen Programs that include workshops on Montgomery County Public School early release or professional days, as well as a new Sunday morning classes
Importance of Children’s Arts Education Program at Rockville Arts Place
Founded in 1987, the central mission of RAP has been to integrate the arts into the lives of children, because the organization’s guiding belief is that:
- Children benefit from the regular and continued exposure to the power of art
- Art provides the perfect vehicle for children to learn about themselves and their world
- At Rockville Arts Place children and young people will grow creatively through arts education courses.
- Our programs are designed to foster a child’s interest in the arts, deepen awareness of the cultural traditions and support creative and critical thinking
- Our education program enables them to gain confidence through expression, gain acquisition of skills, apply those skills and develop a lifelong appreciation for art.